To become an Instructor
As an instructor, you are contracting directly with Knowledge Hub 365, regardless of whether another Knowledge Hub 365 subsidiary facilitates payments to you.
- Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
- Any content submitted on Knowledge Hub 365 cannot be sold, shared or transmitted in any form.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse Knowledge Hub 365 resources, including support services.
- License to Knowledge Hub 365
You grant Knowledge Hub 365 the rights to offer, market, and otherwise exploit your Submitted Content, and to sublicense it to students for these purposes directly or through third parties. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify content to ensure accessibility.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Knowledge Hub 365 permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Knowledge Hub 365’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Knowledge Hub 365’s and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by Knowledge Hub 365 from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Knowledge Hub 365’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Knowledge Hub 365 or bring Knowledge Hub 365 into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Knowledge Hub 365’s policies; or
- as determined by Knowledge Hub 365 in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Knowledge Hub 365 platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Knowledge Hub 365 account and courses.
Knowledge Hub 365 is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in your Course Management settings as of the date of the purchase.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Knowledge Hub 365 platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Knowledge Hub 365 platform. You will indemnify Knowledge Hub 365 against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Knowledge Hub 365 and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Knowledge Hub 365 and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
You agree that Knowledge Hub 365 and our anti-piracy vendors will retain the above rights unless you revoke them by sending an email to piracy@KnowledgeHub365.com with the subject line: “Revoke Anti-Piracy Protection Rights” from the email address associated with your account. Any revocation of rights will be effective 48 hours after we receive it.
4.1. Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price (“Base Price“) for your course from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free. As a premium instructor, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs under the terms of our Promotions Policy (“Promotional Programs“).
If you do not opt to participate in any Promotional Programs, we will list your course for the Base Price or the closest local or mobile app equivalent (as detailed below).
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Knowledge Hub 365 and fixed periodically into a table of corresponding price tiers by currency (“Price Tier Matrix“). Since the price is fixed, those conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the Price Tier Matrix at any time.
When a student purchases through a mobile application, the mobile platform provider’s pricing matrix will control, and we will choose the price tier closest to the applicable Base Price or Promotional Program price. Because mobile platforms impose their own currency conversion rates, conversions for mobile app prices may not match the conversions in the Price Tier Matrix.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Knowledge Hub 365 to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due. Purchases through mobile applications, applicable Transaction Taxes are collected by the mobile platform (such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play).
5.1 Revenue Share
60/40 The share will be 60/40, 60% for instructors and 40% for Knowledge Hub 365 after tax and commission deductions.
However, for associations that partners with us on content provided by our instructors, the instructors will get 40%, Knowledge Hub 365 40% and the association 20%.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so. You must:
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you.
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Knowledge Hub 365 courses or your participation on Knowledge Hub 365; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.